O.S.T. - My Best Friend's Wedding$34.98
Limited black and white 'tuxedo' vinyl LP pressing. You're invited to the first vinyl release of the soundtrack to the classic rom-com My Best Friend's Wedding! This 1997 film brilliantly brought the genre into the modern age with Julia Roberts as a hellbent wedding wrecker and Rupert Everett as her gay best friend and reluctant co-conspirator. And the film's soundtrack went Top 20 on the U.S. charts with a heavy dose of Burt Bacharach-Hal David songs featuring both original (Jackie DeShannon's "What the World Needs Now Is Love") and more contemporary takes (Ani DiFranco's "Wishin' and Hopin';" Mary Chapin Carpenter's "I'll Never Fall in Love Again"). And, of course, everybody joins in for a roof-raising "I Say a Little Prayer!" We've crafted a jacket and an inner sleeve boasting production stills for the film.
- - Disc 1 -
- 1 I Say a Little Prayer - Diane King
- 2 Wishin' and Hopin' - Ani Difranco
- 3 You Don't Know Me - Jann Arden
- 4 Tell Him - the Exciters
- 5 I Just Don't Know What to Do with Myself - Nicky Holland
- 6 I'll Be Okay - Amanda Marshall
- - Disc 2 -
- 1 The Way You Look Tonight - Tony Bennett
- 2 What the World Needs Now Is Love - Jackie Deshannon
- 3 I'll Never Fall in Love Again - Mary Chapin Carpenter
- 4 If You Wanna Be Happy - Jimmy Soul
- 5 I Say a Little Prayer - the Cast of "My Best Friend's Wedding"
- 6 Suite from "My Best Friend's Wedding" - James Newton Howard